Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shot in the Dark Mysteries


I love themes. I love themed parties. Here's an exclusive. I am letting you in on some ideas I have for this novel, Soon After and its promtions. I found this site called A shot in the dark mysteries (www.shotinthedarkmysteries.com. They make custom murder mystery games. How cool?
This woman apparently was a writer so she knows the plight of balancing the creative brain with the stiff collar business of marketing and promotions. She said she has created a game for other authors to use in their instore signings. I still have nightmares about in store signings at big chains like Borders where I've been upstaged by cut-outs of the newest children and teen book series characters. With a pitch of an in store murder mystery ( minus the murder) game to draw readers, how can I be denied. You can hear me, but I am doing my best imitation of demonic evil-genius laughter. Read the letter I left them:

I started my search in a little engine that could " google" looking for "personalized games to correspond with my new novel i am trying to promote called "Soon After." It is the sequel to by debut novel, Soon and VEry Soon which is in the genre of Christian Fiction. In bref, two pastors marry and they combine churches. In this second book once church burns down. Yes, arson, I needed a mystery game for my mystery book. Church ladies and Fire cheifs, reporters and pastors, I can see it. Your site is intriguing. For my other works I downloaded the blank jeopardy games and who wants to be a millionaire games, inserted my questions made CD-ROm copies and called it book club for one. I love throwing events and wanted something to spark( yes, I went for the obvious pun) an interest in my book. I love the idea to couple your game with book signings. Please check out my site for more information on my novel and the buzz I am trying to create www.thefateofthefire.blogspot.com. I would like an interactive game for either my blog, book signings or a book release party.

Sherryle Kiser Jackson

Stay tuned!

New question for my last copies of Soon and Very Soon, the first installment. What was the best party or event you've been to and what made the gathering so great? Leave your response in the comment section and your email addy so i can contact you.

3 comments:

  1. Luv your blog.

    The visual appeal is great and so is the content. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love themed parties too! My favorite is murder mystery party games. If everyone is involved, it can be so fun! Do you use props and costumes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love theme parties- Halloween, 80s, etc. All fun! I attended a Harry Potter party and it was amazing! I think the decor really sets the tone of the party and getting into costume helps, too!

    My mom went on a murder mystery boat cruise (for a night) and loved it!

    I found you through Book Blogs and signed up to follow you. When you have a chance- please stop by and follow the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    Take care-
    Jess- although I may show up as Fairday, the main character from my novel. I can't figure out why that happens sometimes and I can't fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete